Due Date for filing Income tax Return for A Y 2016-17
Due date of e filing income tax return for A Y 2016-17 is 31st July 2016. (This is income tax return for financial year 2015-16. Applicable for income earned from April 1st 2015 to March 31st, 2016).
Take note of the following dates to make sure you don’t miss any of the other important tax return-related deadlines.
15 June 2016
- First instalment of Advance Tax for individuals and corporates for assessment year 2017-18 or financial year 2016-17
31 July 2016
- Income tax return e-filing due date for Assessment Year 2016-17 for individuals
15 September 2016
- Second installment of advance tax for the assessment year 2017-18
30 September 2016
- Income tax return filing for the assessment year 2017-18 for companies.
- Income tax return filing for the assessment year 2017-18 for taxpayers whose books of account are required to be audited.
- Income tax return filing for the assessment year 2017-18 for working partner (of a firm whose accounts are required to be audited).
15 December 2016
- Second instalment of advance tax for the assessment year 2017-18