The much awaited facility to download the GSTR-2 return (details of purchases made by the Company) in ‘Excel format’ is now available in the GST portal.
Request you to follow the following steps in this regard:
1. Download the latest GST offline tool (Version V2.1) from the link : https://www.gst.gov.in/download/returns
2. Log in into GST portal using the Company’s log in credentials.
3. Download the GSTR-2 from the Return Dashboard for the month of July 2017. (File would be downloaded in JASON format)
4. Upload the JASON file in the GST offline tool under option “Open Downloaded return file from GST portal” tab
5. After successful upload of JASON file, click ‘Export to Excel” option.
- Where the status of return of the Supplier is ‘Submitted’ – The Company can initiate changes i.e., Accept, Reject or Pending
- Where the status of return of the Supplier is ‘Saved’ – The Company should follow up with the Supplier to file their GSTR-1 returns for July 2017
Please feel free to reach out to us for any queries.